- The information available through the Service is the property of CyberTheory, and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. Any print-outs using or referencing content from the Service shall contain the following copyright notice: “Copyright CyberTheory, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,” along with CyberTheory’s logo that appears above. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, photocopy, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast, or circulate the information received through the Service to anyone without the express prior written consent of CyberTheory. Copying and distributing CyberTheory’s original copyright-protected content to third parties from the Service is forbidden. You are prohibited from: (a) using or permitting the use of the information to prepare an original news or information based service that is sold, rented, published, or furnished in any manner to a third party; (b) using or permitting the use of the information for the purpose of compiling, enhancing, verifying, supplementing, adding to, or deleting from any information portal, business directory, or other compilation of information that is sold, rented, published, or furnished in any manner to a third party;
- CyberTheory, reserves the right to monitor your use of the Service to ensure compliance with this Agreement. If it is determined you are not in compliance with this Agreement, CyberTheory, reserves the right to take such action as is deemed necessary. Systematic access or extraction of content from the Service, including the use of “bots” or “spiders,” is prohibited.
How Information May Be Collected
We may collect information from you in several different areas on CyberTheory, including but not limited to those described below:
IP Addresses and Automatic Information
We may collect IP addresses and/or Automatic Information for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors. Our computers identify your computer by its IP address. When you request Web pages from CyberTheory, our computers log your IP address. Automatic Information we collect may include, without limitation, such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such information. When analyzed, this data helps us determine how visitors arrive at CyberTheory, what type of content is most popular, and what type of visitors (in the aggregate) are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising. We may also use Automatic Information to provide you with a more personalized user experience.
In order to take advantage of certain features CyberTheory may choose to offer, you may be asked to complete a registration form which will provide us with personally identifiable information. You may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to identify yourself during future visits to CyberTheory.
Newsletters and Site Emails
We may offer newsletters and other email communications to share information with you about news and information available on CyberTheory, about certain features CyberTheory may choose to offer or about our affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, advertisers and sponsors. You may receive newsletters and other email communications by either registering for a particular newsletter or in conjunction with a special feature or membership offering for which you have registered on CyberTheory. You may cancel your email subscription by following the instructions provided on CyberTheory or, in some instances, in the designated area of certain newsletters or emails.
Surveys or Voting
From time to time we may request personally identifiable information from you via surveys or voting polls. Participation is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information. At times, you may have to register to vote or to take part in a survey.
If you purchase a product from us or subscribe to any of the services offered on our Site, we will ask you to complete an order form that will require certain information from you, including credit card number and expiration date, billing address and shipping information, if applicable. We will use this information to complete the transaction that you have requested, i.e., to deliver the products or other services that you ordered, and, if necessary, to invoice you.
How We Use the Information Collected
As applicable, the information you provide to us may be used to:
- Contact you about CyberTheory.
- Contact you relating to your membership status.
- Confirm or fulfill an order you have made.
- Monitor or improve the use of CyberTheory.
- Customize the advertising and content you see.
- Monitor compliance with our Site Terms of Service.
- Provide special offers to you from us and/or our respective affiliates, subsidiaries and other third parties.
- Send you promotional material on behalf of our partners.
- Inform you of a prize you have won.
With Whom the Information May Be Shared
At times, we may share your personally identifiable information with others for various purposes. The following outlines the ways in which your information may be shared with others:
We employ other businesses, certain services and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, Site analysis, data analysis, marketing assistance, credit card payment processing, and customer service. These agents may have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
We may send offers to you on behalf of other partners. If you do not want to receive such offers, you may opt out in the email or change your preferences.
We may share aggregate information such as demographics and Site usage statistics to advertisers, sponsors or other organizations. When this type of information is shared, the other parties do not have access to your personally identifiable information.
Third-Party Ad Serving & Audience and Traffic Measurement Services
Our Subsidiaries and Affiliates
We may share your information (including, without limitation, personally identifiable information) with our subsidiaries and affiliates.
Any of it assets, including CyberTheory, may be sold, or other transactions may occur in which your personally identifiable information is one of the key business assets. In such a case, your personally identifiable information, which we have gathered, may be one of the business assets we transfer.
In the event we are required to respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process, your personally identifiable information may be disclosed pursuant to such subpoena, court order or legal process, which may be without notice to you.
CyberTheory takes data privacy seriously, and has taken steps to become fully GDPR compliant.
The following sections are applicable for personal data collected from EU-based residents.
International Data Transfers
CyberTheory may share your personal data with other third parties as described in this notice, and your personal data may be transferred to a State which is not a Member State of the European Union – CyberTheory (as a data controller/data exporter) will only conduct such transfer (to a data processor/data importer) if there are suitable safeguards in place.
How long we keep your personal data?
We retain your personal data for the duration of your business relationship with CyberTheory, and we hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it, unless we have obtained your consent to use for another or similar purpose.
Your rights and preferences
If you inform us that you want your personal data erased (if you are an EU resident), or that you no longer wish for us to communicate with you for marketing purposes, or to otherwise restrict CyberTheory’s processing of your personal data, we may retain some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future, and to keep a record of your request and our response.